Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Domestic Violence Restraining Order Attorney in Santa Rosa, CA
Domestic Violence Restraining Order (DV TRO) cases are VERY serious. These orders can alter the way you move, communicate, share custody with your children, and more. Hiring an experienced family law attorney is important to protecting your rights.
Our team has handled thousands of cases involving Domestic Violence. We are perfectly situated to help assist in your domestic violence matter. Time is of importance, contact us today to get the help you need.
Types of Domestic Violence
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Emotional abuse
Who is protected under domestic violence orders?
- A current or former spouse
- Someone you have a child in common with
- Someone you live or lived with
- Someone you are related to by blood or marriage
WHAT CAN A TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER INCLUDE?
A judge has broad discretion as to the terms of a domestic protective order, which may include a variety of requirements such as, but not limited to, the following:
- An order can specify “no contact”, or peaceful contact.
- An order to refrain from the use of drugs or alcohol
- A stay-away order requiring a person to stay away from a home, school, etc.
- An order to maintain a certain distance from the protected person
- An order not to call (work or home), email, text message or otherwise contact a person
- An order preventing a parent from damaging a child’s relationship with the other or preventing negative remarks
- and more…
The Importance of hiring a domectic violence attorney
This is serious. While it can be tempting to save money and represent yourself, it is not advised. The other parties involved will almost always use legal representation – and you should do the same. We have the experience and have dealt with thousands of domestic violence restraining order cases in the past and can provide you with the knowledge necessary to achieve a favorable result for your best interest. Contact us toady and we can get you the help you deserve.